An up-to-date version of flash player is not installed for this browser. Please head to Adobe.com to download the latest version of flash player.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common Support Topics:
- I am not receiving audio
- If you have powered speakers, please make sure that they are powered on.
- Are your speakers correctly plugged into your computer? On most computers the speakers should be plugged into the green audio jack on the back of your computer.
- If you have a volume adjustment on your speakers, please make sure that the volume is turned up.
- Is the volume turned up on your desktop speaker control? (The volume control button is located on the lower right hand side of your Windows Task Bar.) If the volume control button is not displayed, click on the Show Hidden Icons arrow. Then the volume control button should appear. Click on the button to display the Volume level and Mute options. Adjust if necessary.
- Please note: If you have a dial-up account the audio while watching sales will not be consistent and may not be received at all. If you are not sure about your internet connection, go to the Bandwidth Test Page.
- After checking everything on this list, click the Start Audio Test button to the right and you should hear sound.
- I am not receiving video
- Do you have the most recent Flash Player installed? If you are not sure, check the system information to the left.
- What type of internet connection do you have? If you have a dial-up account, audio and video will not be consistent and may not be received at all. If you are not sure about your internet connection, go to the Bandwidth Test Page.
- I would like to bid, but my screen says 'Not approved for bidding'
- You will have to apply for Bidding Approval. You first need to be logged onto Addis Live Online Auctions with your login email and password. Then just click on the Apply for Bidding link for each event to apply for that auction.
- On the first screen you will be prompted to enter your bank information. When you have finished filling in your information, you will be able to apply for each event.
- The next screen will display all the current events on Addis Live Online Auctions, just select 'Apply for Bidding' for each event you are interested in.
- You should than see a message appear letting you know your approval has been sent and is pending.
- I am approved for bidding, but my bid button is not displayed
- You will need to check to see if you have the latest version of FLASH. Please check the left side of the page to view your current system information.
- I would like to make sure I have the latest software installed?
- Please check the left side of the page. This will check on all of the software needed to use our site.
- I lost my password. How can I get it back?
- We cannot retrieve your password. However, we can generate a new one and send it to the email address that you have on file with us. To reset your password, please go to the Reset Password page and enter your email address.
- I am not sure how the bidding process works.
- You will first need to be approved for bidding. See instructions above for approvals.
- Once you are approved for bidding, you will be able to place a bid at the auction just as if you were at the auction.
- Click on the Place Bid button when you want to place a bid. When the sale is over, call the phone number listed to settle your account.
- Intel Pentium 4 - 2.33 Ghz (or equivalent)
- 512 MB of memory
- Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Internet Explorer 7 (IE 9 recommended), Firefox 3+, Chrome 8+
- Flash Player 9+ (Flash Player 11 recommended)
- Regular Sales: 40 kbps minimum download recommended
- Live Video Sales: 400 kbps minimum download recommended
- Run Detailed Bandwidth Test